Indiana University; Bloomington, IN, May 2004
Master of Arts in Journalism/Master of Public Affairs
University of Dayton; Dayton, OH, May 2000
Bachelor of Science in Biology, Minor in Journalism
Senior Science Editor, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
February 2005 – Present
- Research, write and edit feature articles for BiologyBiozine.com and HMDEcoZine.com, online companions to the HMH high school biology and environmental science textbooks, respectively; also moderate comments and troubleshoot technical issues
- Create engaging science content for high school students and secondary science educators
Literature Editor (short-term project), Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
October 2007 – March 2008
- Researched and wrote over 200 author biographies for ClassZone.com, an online companion to grade 6–12 literature series
- Edited and proofread Teacher Edition pages for customized Florida and California literature series
Freelance travel writer, TripAdvisor.com
June 2006 – September 2006
- Contributor to Insider Pages providing basic travel information on a number of domestic and international travel destinations
- Researched, wrote, and edited over 300 entries
Teaching Assistant, Indiana University School of Public and Environmental Affairs (SPEA)
September 2003 – May 2004
- Graded, proctored exams, and provided support for V376: Law and Public Policy (Spring)
- Taught two fifty-minute discussion sections weekly for E272: Introduction to Environmental Science; graded assigned work, provided feedback and answered students’ questions (Fall)
Berg, Susan. ‘Students create anti-SARS group.’ Indiana Daily Student. 2 June 2003.
Berg, Susan. ‘Sick squirrel found, nursed back to health.’ Indiana Daily Student. 22 May 2003.
Beall, Sara and Susan Berg. ‘UD students enjoy work experience in Costa Rica.’ Dayton Daily News. 26 March 2000:15A.
“Grand Teton Mountain Range.” (photograph) HMH Biology. 2008, p. 477.
“Yosemite Falls.” (photograph) HMH Biology. 2008, p. 504.
McDougal Littell Art Show selection (photography), 2005-2008
Art Against AIDS® Preview Exhibition selection, Gallery 180, Chicago 2007, 2008
Art Against AIDS® Art Auction donation (photography), 2006–2008
The Art of Human Rights Preview Exhibition selection, Gallery 180, Chicago, 2010
The Art of Human Rights Art Auction donation (photography), 2010
Knowledge of Chicago and AP Style
Available upon request